Hot Recipes: Bravado Spice's Japanese Curry Rice
Just wanted to share this amazing recipe thanks to Bravado Spice Co with you all, a super quick and easy Japanese Curry Rice using their Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper sauce. I shared this in our Heatseeker Facebook Group last Friday but thought it was so good I should blog about it as well.
Make sure you sign up to our newsletter and join our Heatseeker group for more recipes if you like this kinda stuff!
JAPANESE CURRY RICE
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
650g Chicken Breast
3-4 Cups Steamed Rice
2.5 Tbsp Bravado Spice Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce
2.5 Cups Water
1/2 Cup Each, Carrots, Onion, Potatoes, Diced
3 Tbsp Butter
2 Tbsp Peanut Oil
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Package Curry Roux
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil a large skillet to medium-high heat and then add your chicken breasts & about 2 tsp of salt. Sear for about 5 minutes per side, or until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cube chicken.
2. Remove the chicken from the pan and melt the butter in the same pan. Then add the potatoes, onions, carrots, and another tsp of salt. Cook till the potatoes are mostly cooked through.
3. Add the garlic, let it brown for a minute, then add the soy sauce.
4. Break up the curry roux brick into a few pieces and add to the pan. After it softens, add the water and Bravado Spice Black Garlic & Carolina Reaper Hot Sauce and simmer over medium-low heat.
5. Once the gravy has thickened, add the cubed chicken into the sauce and coat well.
6. Serve with steamed rice.
If you make this recipe make sure you let us know so we can see!